By now many of you may be wondering: “It’s the middle of January – shouldn’t we be signing up for Baseball and Softball by now?” The answer is a resounding “YES – it’s time!” Registration for our Spring sports were pushed back a week to allow us to migrate to a brand new online registration and website management system.
You can now register by clicking on this link: TYA 2021 Baseball and Softball Registration
What does all this mean to you?
- The current TYA website will automatically direct you to the new registration system. The registration page will look a bit different, but hopefully more user-friendly, intuitive, and mobile-friendly.
- You will need to create a new family account in this system. You will be asked to set up an account name and password, provide an email contact, enter your home address and phone numbers, and re-enter your children’s names and birthdates.
- You will then be able to register your child(ren) for a TYA sport (only Softball and Baseball right now). You will see a “menu” of available programs from which to choose, then select the players to register. The process is not significantly different from prior year registrations, including entering uniform sizes and options for volunteering. You may indicate your desire to coach, but separate registration for direct-contact volunteers (i.e. Coaches and Assistants) will follow soon, compliant with PA background clearance regulations.
- You will be given the option of paying in full now, or delaying payment until closer to the opening of the sport season. To do this, you will need to enter and save your credit card information. You will receive an email a week prior to the actual billing. These measures are designed to help avoid processing large volumes of refunds -- if there is any disruption to the normal start of our baseball or softball seasons.
- Due to COVID restrictions, we cannot offer any “walk-in” registration sessions at this time. Instead, look for a Zoom invitation in the coming week to get your questions and technical issues answered “virtually” (a sign of the times!).
The Baseball and Softball programs are planning “Business As Usual” seasons, with arrangements for alternative contingencies as the social and public health situation continues to evolve. “Normal” skill evaluations, roster preparation, coaches meetings, practice and game schedules, Opening Day and All-Star Day celebrations, playoffs and travel programs are expected as we “return to normal”. All of this is possible because of the efforts of you – our parents and volunteers. I encourage you to get involved, contribute your time and talents to helping make this the best program it can be!
There may be a few “hiccups” as we shake out the new system, so please be patient and bring any questions or concerns to our attention so these can be addressed promptly for everyone’s benefit. In the coming weeks, we will also complete migration of our current website to the new platform, providing greater flexibility and easier content management services so we can maintain and publish current information and relevant content for our families.
Thanks to the rich diversity, financial stability, and exceptional efforts of our Board, Sport Directors and Committees, and many volunteers and families, TYA is emerging from the current pandemic stronger and more versatile than ever. After 50 years of operation, we remain a vital part of the community, and look forward to continue providing excellent, wholesome, and character-rich youth sport activities for the greater Towamencin area for many years to come. Thank you for being a part of the journey!
President, Towamencin Youth Association
Director, Hatfield-Towamencin Baseball